Posted by Thomas FX on 3/12/2020 to BC Film Industry
We are still available to take your calls and emails, at our usual numbers, but Thomas FX is closed temporarily, until further notice, during the Global economic and health crises. In accordance to directives from the World Health Organization, and the Government of Canada we have dramatically changed our service delivery model. We will continue to monitor further instructions from the Ministry of Health, making adjustments as required until the COVID-19 Crises is over.
Emergency Service Only during the temporary closure. Our goal is to "SAFELY" continue to provide extreme service to the Film & TV Industry during these uncertain times . . . .
Once it is deemed safe to reopen, here is a list of New Operating Procedures, designed to keep us all safe:
- We will accept credit cards, debit cards, and purchase orders only. We will no longer accept cash in our store.
- Store operating hours will be shortened . . . Temporary hours: 9:00 AM until 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
- All online orders will be processed and shipped as usual, unless there is an unexpected service interruption with logistics partners like Canada Post, UPS, or FedEx,
- We ask that orders for local pickup be placed with Betty in advance so we can prepare to expedite your pickups from our loading bay,
- Automated hand sanitizer stations have been set up at key locations throughout our building. We request that anyone entering to stop and sanitize before proceeding,
- Masks have been proven not to be effective so you will not see any of us wearing them. This doesn't mean we are not aware of the crises,
- Please keep a polite 6' distance from our staff at all times, and we will keep a 6' distance from customers,
- Our store doors have been locked and will remain locked until the health crises is over. Please use the rental entrance only, or call 604.929.5455,
- Our business is no longer open to the general public or to "walk in" customers who are curious about what we do. All information about us is on the Thomas FX website,
- We will open to Film and TV industry customers picking up orders that have been called in advance,
- A few months ago we installed high speed data lines and VOIP phones. Two weeks ago we installed SKYPE at every computer station for remote viewing,
- All International Green Dealers may contact us by Phone or Email at any time and we will respond soonest,
- All staff have been fully briefed on proper sanitary measures and healthy operating procedures so we can continue to serve the unique needs of the Film industry,
- We ask you to observe all safety protocols and we will do the same, for our mutual protection.
- Thomas FX SNO-FX! and BIO ASH products are readily available through Authorized Members of our Green Dealer Network around the world,
- We are well stocked with a reasonably large inventory of the most popular production supplies so the possibility of shortage is minimal at this point.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in following the new emergency operating procedures.